I know some grown up friends who have never been married and seem happy. Some of them have significant other in their lives. A few of them don’t and don’t even desire one and are just happy being a bachelor! Some are constantly looking for boy friend, girl friend, just for friendship or for long term but they also seem happy as such.
Finally there is a majority which is married and have kids. Even here a small percentage does not have kids by choice.
It can be said that those who are not married are unhappy inside or will be so, later in life due to loneliness and so on.
But even all married couples, even among those who choose to stay married for ever, are not necessarily happy and content!
Seems the paths to happiness and contentment are many. True, but the process of discovering is probably just one – centered around the following –
- Understand who you truly are and what you want in life.
- Know your internal fears and limiting beliefs and work towards overcoming them. (this one is often forgotten but is probably most important).
- Have good eye on future, give preference to long term contentment.
- Not be afraid of hard work and temporary hardship.
- Develop courage to change and be ready to change at any stage of life.
- Develop a sense of acceptance – that life is uncertain and there are too many unknowns. Even with your best efforts, you may not get the results that you desire and that is just fine.
This way you will find the road to YOUR happiness, whatever it may be.